This recipe was so delicious and tasty!
Frito-Lay provided me with chips and this blog post is a form of entry for their Tastes from Home with Frito-Lay contest.
The new line of Frito-Lay chips look very tasty! I can’t wait to try the Balsamic Sweet Onion and the Honey Mustard!
This recipe reminds me of home because of the fresh eggplant that we used to grow in our garden when I was growing up. This is a simple dish that can be thrown together as a quick side dish or even used later as part of a larger main dish such as a casserole. You can also easily double or triple this recipe.
Garlic Fried Eggplant
1 cup of Italian-style bread crumbs
1 medium eggplant (fresh from the garden would be mighty tasty!)
1 clove of garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 medium-sized skillet
1 pair of tongs
2 small bowls
1. Cut six round slices from the eggplant and set on a paper towel. Sprinkle the slices with the salt and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk one egg.
3. In the second bowl, add the bread crumbs.
4. Mince the garlic.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet with the garlic.
6. Dip both sides of each eggplant piece in the egg and secondly in the bread crumbs.
7. Place all eggplant slices in the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side. Add the additional olive oil as needed to the skillet as the eggplant is cooking.
Total time: 15-20 minutes
this is the eggplant after being cut and salted
here is the fried eggplant!
Would you like to try the Lay’s Regional Flavors potato chips? You can win a variety pack to try!
You must enter by 5:00 P.M. central time on Tuesday, August 23 to be eligible. You must leave your email address or link to your blog. Winner will be contacted via email after 5:00 P.M. Tuesday, August 23. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to the giveaway or a new winner will be chosen.